The Fanni Reunion Foundation, Inc., is a non-political and non-profit public benefit corporation, incorporated in the state of California.
The organizational structure consists of two main bodies:
- Board of Directors
- Executive Body
FRF brief Event History
The Fanni Reunion Foundation Inc. (FRF) is a Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation established in the State of California in 1993. The FRF is an Association of graduates, faculty, and staff of the School of Engineering (Fanni) of University of Tehran. Our main objective is to promote social, technological, academic and professional networking among the members for charitable, educational, social, and scientific purposes. During the last 15 years we held regular:
- Monthly gathering on the third Tuesday of each month
- Nowruz gatherings, and
- Annual Reunion of the FRF around the date of the establishment of Daneshkadeh-ye-Fanni (September/October). In these events we celebrated the Anniversary of Daneshkadeh-ye-Fanni, and recognized distinguished x-Fanni professors, and Senior Alumni (Fanni Graduates of 1717 to 1337) for their pioneering contribution to engineering education and profession.
- We had active role in the preparation of the 1st International Gathering of Fanni’s Faculty and Graduates, held in San Diego on Tir 1380 (June 2001).
For more information please refer to our Payvand-Nameh (Newsletter).
we established “Professor Hami’s Award of Excellence in Engineering Education”. This Award was for the most outstanding MS or Ph.D. graduates, who obtained their BS or MS from Daneshkadeh Fanni Tehran and continued their graduate education in a US University.
we established “FRF International Graduate Student Paper Competition”. Subject of the first paper was “Seismic retrofit of structures”, in honor of the Late Dr. Mehdi Ghalibafian. The winner and two runner-ups will be awarded in our lecture presentation event. A complete report including full text of papers, and reviewers’ evaluation worksheets is posted on our website at www.fannireunion.org
- Recognized 7 Distinguished x-Fanni Professors and awarded them with recognition awards.
- Recognized 61 Senior Alumni (Fanni Graduates 0f 1717 to 1337) for their pioneering contribution to engineering profession, and awarded them with recognition awards.
- Awarded 10 most outstanding Iranian graduates of Masters or PhD with “Professor Hami Award of Excellence in Engineering Education”.
- Determined the winner and two runner-ups of the First International Graduate Student Paper Competition. They will be awarded in early future.